Assignments

RECREATE A PHOTO

ALBUM COVER DESIGN 

PICK-A-SOMETHING

FASHION PHOTOGRAPHY

MAGAZINE 

POETRY AND MY POTOGRAPHY

These words were chosen to accompany the image as a reminder to my viewers to never cry excessively over someone who has hurt them badly, but instead to gain strength and go forward. I believe my work will be interpreted positively by my audience and will serve as a reminder to all.

GEORGIA O’KEEFE ILLUSTRATION

This specific painting by Georgia O’Keefe was so intriguing to me because of the colors and also because of the type of flower. It was perfectly done. Just like all of her other paintings. I personally do like her painting style although  its very simple they hold strong connections.

NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC MAGAZINE COVER REVIEW

ARTIST STATEMENT 

SELF PORTRAIT ILLUSTRATION 

ˢʰʸ,ᵘⁿⁱᵠᵘᵉ,ᵍᵘᵃʳᵈᵉᵈ,ʳᵉˢᵖᵉᶜᵗᶠᵘˡ,ᵒᵖᵉⁿᵐⁱⁿᵈᵉᵈ,ᵍᵉⁿᵘⁱⁿᵉ,ᵃᵈᵛᵉⁿᵗᵘʳᵒᵘˢ,ᵘⁿᵈᵉʳˢᵗᵃⁿᵈⁱⁿᵍ,ᵒᵇˢᵉʳᵛᵃⁿᵗ,ʳᵉˡⁱᵃᵇˡᵉ

SILHOUETTE STORY

Article Read and Write 

In the New York Times Article “CAMERA; DRAMATIC EFFECTS POSSIBLE WITH SILHOUETTES” by Stan Godlewski, who actually is a freelance photojournalist had included the silhouetting technique and how it could be used for added intensity. By contrasting the relationships between subject and background is really important. The background must be brighter than the subject. A silhouette has the power to add a mood to a strong image. From reading this article I got a greater understanding of what silhouette photography is and what it requires for instance a greater awareness of composition. Also, what to do in order to get the perfect exposure for silhouette photography. Since you do not want it to be over or under exposed you just want the perfect exposure for your silhouette. Which may cause a shape instead of the details that should be obvious. As well as mentioning the metering system from the main subjects which was also a good tip.

CULTURAL IDENTITY PHOTOGRAPHS

EMOTION SERIE 9

CULTURAL PHOTOGRAPHY: Read and Respond

To me, cultural photography was just capturing photos of different people’s traditions and putting out their practices or characteristics that they might have in their culture. But this article has shaped my perspective and knowledge on cultural photography. Before this, I thought it was nothing more than someone behind a camera capturing someone’s cultural characteristics whether it is there or not until I realized that there’s a lot more that goes into it. Color photography isn’t the only way to capture culture, in fact the black-and-white photographs also provided a personal connection for me.

Adam Marelli’s article “What Is Cultural Photography?” actually helped me  discover other points of view, as well as the fact that culture does not only refer to distant cultures. Within cities and heavily inhabited areas, there is a plethora of culture. Also, after seeing how traditional cultures look and the ones that were discussed, such as the clothes, I realized that my main interest was in culture. In photo contests, there were ‘culture’ categories for photographers who spent the most of their time photographing tribal culture. I’ve spent the most of my time deciphering a confluence of visible and invisible factors that define the two cultures I’m most familiar with: that of craftspeople and that of meditation.

Cultural anthropology, for example, is a discipline of anthropology focused on the study of cultural variation among humans, as opposed to social anthropology, which views cultural variation as a subset of the anthropological constant. It’s interesting that they mentioned. I’m fascinated by people’s points of view and attempt to communicate personal work from my perspective rather than an objective one. And the advantage of experience over exposure.  I believe that those types of images should be in black and white because they draw the eye, and if they were in color, the main focus would shift to the background or any other objects in the taken photo.

MULITPLE EXPOSURES

Darken the room and place your subject in front of a black background. Allow for adequate backdrop space to accommodate the amount of various exposures you wish to take. Turn off all of the lights in the room and take your first exposure. Configure the electric flash lights. The action is halted by the electronic flash. When one image is recorded by the existing light and a second sharp image is recorded by the electronic flash, a ghost image appears as a blur. When photographing objects at any distance, you must open up your aperture to compensate for the light lost. Because so much light is absorbed in these wide areas, it is not uncommon to need to open your aperture by two or three f/stops. The distance between the flash and the camera is more than the length of your extension. If the distance between the flash and the camera is larger than the length of your extension cord, use the open-flash option. During open-flash exposures, do not allow the camera to see the flash unit. Aside from being aesthetic and entertaining, multiple exposure photographs are frequently used to examine subject motion and position. Because of the brief duration of light from electronic flash, each sort of activity necessitates a particular camera approach. Indoors, where there is minimal existing light, there is no difficulty because the electrical flash itself stops the operation; nonetheless, ghost pictures may appear outside in daylight. occur when natural light and a slow shutter speed are combined with electronic flash. Close foreground details become severely overexposed and should be avoided. Subjects like these benefit from being separated from their surroundings, but you can achieve more interesting lighting by using the unit off camera on an extension line. Any form of action, no matter how minor, may add interest to most photographs. The maximum flash duration on most electronic flash units is 30 seconds. If not captured properly, images taken outside at night might be highly underexposed. Any form of action, no matter how minor, may add interest to most photographs. The maximum flash duration on most electronic flash units is 30 seconds. If not captured properly, images taken outside at night might be highly underexposed. It is essential that you apply and practice the fundamental ideas. You are introduced to a variety of composition and lighting techniques.

TRIPTYCH 

1. Shape
  2. Definition
  3. Radiant
  4. Unique
  5. Attractive
  6. Contour
  7. Lines
  8. Texture
  9. Perfection
  10. Gazing

Read & Write: Photojournalism

For how awful it was, this event will be remembered in history. People were pepper-sprayed and flash bombs were used. Also, because it was such a tragedy, everything that went wrong will never be forgotten. Many rioters were also extremely agitated, resulting in a massive overcrowding. Because of how terrified they were at the time, everyone acted as they did. It will not be forgotten because all that was wanted was justice.

To capture this event, the photographer used the photojournalism technique, which means that they took a camera and were present during the scene, capturing all that transpired through a lens. Instead of text, images were used to tell the story of what happened. As we can see through the smoke. They were able to catch the rioters breaking in via the broken window using this tactic. A photographer documented all of this and used the photographs to tell a story.

Levitation

DIPTYCH 

WASSILY KANDINSKY 

Wassily Kandinsky’s work is a painting with an interplay of colors, form, and shape. Through his paintings, he truly explores expressiveness. His art style is also distinct and interesting. I liked his work, but it wasn’t one of my favorites that I’ve seen. Although it is distinctive, it does not capture my attention for an extended period of time.

WORK IN THE STYLE OF SANDY SKOGLUND

Sandy Skoglund’s unique style of work is surrealism, which she creates by constructing intricate sets. With her coloring skills as well as placement of the objects and the subjects. I really liked her work style; I think it’s really appealing to the eye. It has a really distinct style from the rest of the works I’ve viewed by other artists. Because of how unique and surrealistic everything is, it truly stands out. Her art examines a variety of perspectives as well as a sense of discomfort within.

MOTION BLUR 

5 Tips I learned

• Keep the camera totally still
  • If you have the ability to utilize one, tripods are essential
  • You may position a camera on or off moving equipment to achieve different effects
  • Choose a shutter speed that is slow enough to capture wing movement but rapid enough to keep the rest of the action sharp
  • Slow sync flash is one technique to attempt because it creates the illusion of movement while simultaneously recording a split second in time

HDR PHOTOGRAPHY

The meaning of HDR in photography is High dynamic range and can really take your images to another level. It can be very eye catching since it is a very saturated type of photography. To achieve successful results use a tripod when shooting that way the camera is still. And when editing keep a subtle look for it. Also the exposure you set the camera plays a major role in how the photo turns out when it’s edited. Also a landscape perspective with a high contrast is best for the perfect HDR shot.

Critique: For my HDR image I believe I captured a great angle. And also captured the perfect exposure. And when editing it I believe I saturated it very well. I’d say my colors blended fairly well together. From the blues to the orange reddish and even the touch of purple from the field. The tones of each color turned out well after the editing. Along with the blending of my clouds which were also good. And even look realistic as if they really were there when I shot the photo. And I think I still have it a realistic look and not anything fake looking.

FILL FLASH OUTSIDE

Fill flash outside is when you use a flash when shooting outdoors. It is used when the light source isn’t directly on your subject. Or even when the sun is behind your subject then it creates a shadow. You would need it to get the perfect exposure by using the flash directly at the face so there is not any shadows. Fill flash merely adds an extra burst of light to your photo to balance out the brightness and improve its overall appeal.

TED TALK: IMPOSSIBLE PHOTOGRAPHY

Throughout the Ted Talk, Erik Johnson discusses his love of drawing and photography. As well as how he blended the two. He talks about how photography is all about capturing the perfect moment, but he wanted to do something different, something that catches the idea rather than the event. He shares some of his work and notes that he purchased his first camera when he was fifteen years old. His work has a level of realism that he achieves by combining two photos.

He shows how he combines two photographs to make them appear to be one single image, showing the reality. One of the images he displayed was of a man “picking up and dragging the road.” He first photographed the same man pulling some sort of material in the same location and at the same time. He then blended that image with a road image. After integrating both photographs, the result was a man dragging the road, which appeared to be real.

The fact that he is a one-of-a-kind photographer drew me in to this film. By him adding reality to an image with such. And even excellent editing skills. And can inspire others to go the extra mile in their editing. Combining his interests in art and photography has resulted in such exceptional talent.

INDEED JOB SEARCH

1. Automotive Photographer
  2. Restaurant Photographer
  3. Sports Photographer

Some of the positions listed above are ones in which I am interested. I feel I am qualified for them because I have the necessary experience and because the three positions are of particular interest to me. That is, I feel confident in my ability to provide excellent service. I would need to present some of my work that I have photographed and edited in order to guarantee these jobs. And demonstrate how I can be responsible for the positions. By obtaining the necessary equipment and presenting it to the job, I can demonstrate how I am a step ahead and possibly be a step closer for being hired for the jobs.

LIGHT PAITING PORTRAITS

BOOKFACE

MY FAVOITE TEACHER

Mrs. Navas is my favorite teacher because she is very kind and helpful. She has always helped and guided me with something since my first day of her AVID class. She has never hesitated to help anyone who needs her help. She has demonstrated her dedication to her profession. I believe she is the ideal candidate for her position because of how outstanding of a teacher she is. She is also really generous.

She has also demonstrated how down to earth she is. And stands out from the rest of my teachers. When I enter into her classroom, she always greets me and asks how I’m doing. This makes me feel more comfortable and grateful to her for taking the time to inquire about my well-being. She does a fantastic job at educating my classmates and i. In addition to providing us with a great foundation in her classroom.

10 TIPS TO GOOD FLASH PHOTOGAPHY

-Bounce the light

-block one side of the perpendicular flash

-firing your flash in another direction

-keep direct light from hitting your subject

-diffuse the light

-use ambient light

-use colorful flash gels

-use TTL technology

-even enable high-speed flash sync

-and make flash photography enjoyable.

NEW WORK SHOT AND EDITED WITH SMARTPHONE 

10,000 SHOPPING SPREE

Apple 16.2″ MacBook Pro with M1 Pro Chip ($2,499) – I need this equipment so that I can use it in my studio for business purposes such as booking appointments and uploading the photographs I shoot. Also, so that I can do some editing on the photographs that require it.
Offex 2 Piece Venus Craft Table with Angle Adjustable Top and Stool (9995)- I’d need this so that I can complete my task instead of lounging on the couch at home.
SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO UHS-I SDXC Memory Card– I would require a memory card in order to save the photographs I have shot. (6049)
Impact 3-Head Fluorescent Lighting Kit with Boom Arm Kit (29995)- Due to the lighting, I may have nice quality. For the style of photography I want to do
Background support system (18499)-  I’d need this background system.
Canon EOS 90D DSLR Camera with 18-135mm Lens (1,599)- I would require these equipment in order to be a successful photographer and capture high-quality photographs.
Battery Charger (80)- I’d definitely need it so that I could have a charged camera and be ready to shoot.
Camera Tripod (67995)- I’d want to have this so that I can take nice shots that aren’t shaky and instead are still and of high quality.
Card reader (6999)- That way, I can upload my work to my computer.
IMAC (2,299)- I’d use this equipment to transfer everything and to store everything in case my customers wanted additional photographs or if they misplaced the ones I gave them.
Couch furniture set (344999)- I’d want to have this in my studio so that my clients may be comfy while they wait for me to finish shooting them.

SOCIAL ISSUES IN ART 

I feel this way about this social issue since I’ve witnessed numerous cases and the tricks used on the internet. Human trafficking is something I strongly oppose. I believe it is terrible, and those who are caught should serve significant time in prison, if not life, for causing trauma to victims. My artwork isn’t meant to offend; rather, it’s meant to raise awareness about what may happen to anyone when they’re out. Yes, it gets to to the point and gets the point across just by looking at it. The focus point, in my opinion, is the girl’s worried look on her face.

SCREENPRINT ON CLOTHES 

CANON LENS EXPERIENCE REVIEW 

Travel photography is a distinct photography genre. Particularly as it can include landscape, portrait, still life, and action photography. It’s also one-of-a-kind because the photos were taken away from home. Travel photography is also enjoyable because it allows you to go on travels and capture whatever interests you. Going on trips and photographing allows you to showcase your photography talents as well as your successful travel to an area that isn’t your home. By choosing the correct camera for travel photography, you may achieve a sharp image and truly portray the true-to-life hues of the region you visited that others may be unfamiliar with, allowing your viewers to connect with you. Randy Kerr is a well-known photographer whose work has appeared in a number of major publications. He is such a talented photographer that he has gotten an achievement award for his amazing trip photographs. Kerr has traveled to and photographed in over 30 countries. He divides his time between commissioned work and self-assigned tasks. He also does an excellent job of interacting with each location he has visited. To prepare for his trips, he goes online and becomes familiar with sites and lighting. This allows him to create ideas for what he will shoot once he is there. He also makes an effort to become familiar with the locations without the use of a camera.

Photojournalist photography is indeed both enjoyable and crazy since you get to shoot stories, the most of which are tragic. For example, bombings are considered horrible events, yet as a photojournalist photographer, you might capture famous photographs while at the location. This type of photographer has so much to offer that you can even film videos to showcase to your clients. You need a particular camera for this style of photography in order for the images to turn out rather well. Many of these photographs are in black and white with a stunning high contrast. As a photojournalist, I feel that because you were there at the time it all happened, you and your audience may build a link, possibly through comparable experiences or simply by looking at it. Being a photojournalist photographer may be an extremely emotional experience for the person behind the camera since everything simply happens. In addition, as this type of photographer, you frequently know who died and who lived. And it is possible that a bond will be established as a result of this. It also makes you wonder how their lives would be when they finally recover from their experience. John Tlumacki is a well-known photojournalism photographer who has worked for the Boston Globe for many years. His incredible job has taken him all over the world.

PHOTOMONTAGE: WHERE YOU SEE YOURSELF IN 10 YEARS

In this photomontage I presented some elements that represent how I picture myself in ten years. As for the butterfly I picked it to symbolize a growth within myself within the following 10 years. I thought a butterfly would be a wonderful way to convey this. Another one I added was the L & D Nurse, which is a labor and delivery registered nurse. It symbolizes how I envision myself in my future profession. I also had two associated hearts, one for self-love within myself and the other for a potential love partner. I also included a cap and diploma to symbolize graduation and my proud accomplishments. I put a photo of faith displayed as a cross to symbolize the faith I have and will have for much longer than the next ten years of my life. And directly beneath it, I placed two connected hearts, one for self-love and the other for a future love partner. I also surrounded it with a world and an airplane to show my ambition to travel the world. And immediately beneath that, I placed two connected rings to indicate my interest in marriage within the next ten years. And a house next to it to signify how I want to be a homeowner with my future partner.

STUDIO PORTRAITS WITH STROBES AND GELS

BLOCK PRINTING

PHOTOMONTAGE DAVID HOCKNEY

25 PHOTOS EDITED LIGHTROOM

STILLLIFE

READ AND WRITE

Shooting from a lower angle can help to simplify the composition while also providing a new perspective. By incorporating a focus point and a main subject or point of interest, the focal point captures the viewer’s attention and gives the photograph significance. By filling the frame with your subject, you draw closer to the subject and eliminate all surrounding background. By eliminating the background, the subject receives the complete attention of the viewers. By framing or positioning objects around the edge of your composition, you can help isolate the main topic and bring your focus to it. The image is balanced horizontally and vertically by placing the important sections of the composition diagonally. By applying the rule of thirds to offset the major subject. It makes the composition more engaging and harmonious.

MIRROR IMAGERY

CUT AND PASTE COLLAGE

RAW VS. JPEG CAPTURE

The difference between shooting in RAW and JPEG is the image quality. RAW is believed to have a broader dynamic range. In addition, the colors differ from those of a JPEG. It also takes up more memory in the camera. It may also improve your chances of recovery.
When shooting in JPEG format.

Sharpening, contrast, and even color saturation are all applied by the camera. This contributes to the creation of a visually appealing image. However, when shooting in JPEG, information on the darkest and lightest areas of an image can be lost. In contrast to RAW, which can be quickly adjusted. However, a JPEG image may be readily and quickly transferred.

MAN AND NATURE

IMAGE PROJECTION

“What I learned about camera exposure and camera modes”

The total brightness or darkness of a photograph is defined as camera exposure. And how much light gets through. When it comes to camera modes, I learnt that there are three of them: aperture, shutter speed, and ISO. The aperture is the adjustable hole in the lens. The shutter speed determines how quickly or slowly the camera closes. The ISO setting determines the camera’s sensitivity to light.